Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all the Camaro Junkies, I recently purchased a Barn Find 69 that has been in a storage building since 1991 and would like someone with more knowledge of decoding the cowl tags to verify my findings or tell me if I'm correct in what I have been able to find.

I bought the car from a guy who said it was a RS/SS car with 350 and 4 speed. It has all the RS trim with Black Deluxe interior. It also has PS, PDB, A/C, Tilt and cruise. The Rear is a 12 bolt with multi leafs and has 15" Ralleys on it. No motor was with the car.

I know a lot of these options could have been added and it's also a non X code car. Here is the cowl tag info. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate the help.

St 69 12437 NOR103052
TR 713 50 B

Thanks, JimmyC

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again thanks Joe, There is a lot of usefull info at that sight.
I also failed to mention the car has the dual fuel lines and from some info I have gotten this would represent at least some type of performance engine was in the car? I think? Got any pics of your 68? I owned a 68 RS/SS back in the day. Factory 396/375 car I bought from the original owner. sold it to build my first house.

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Jimmy you have alot of homework to do yet. dual lines 'could' be an SS or a mild LM1 (350/255) so that by itself isnt a for sure. Look for welded 3x5 plate behind drivers side rear wheel on the frame at about 1 o'clock with 2 holes thru it, that is for factory dual exhaust. No plate = no SS.
For RS look for extra solenoid on top of wiper motor, hoses leading to headlight squirters that are bolted in the grille area above the headlights. Huge vacuum tank on inner fender not far from your regulator, it stores vacuum for the headlight doors, backup lights below rear bumper and horizontal chrome trim across the center of the rear tail lights. Vac hoses thru a grommet in the firewall leading to your headlight switch, feel up inside under the dash for the hoses. All those are part of original RS package. That should keep you busy ;) good luck.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim, Thanks a bunch! And as odd as it may sound from the pics on your page my car should look just like yours. Car is now black no Vinyl top.

I feel fairly confident my car is at least the RS package, It does still have all the vacum headlight hardware. Its the performance package I would like to be able to determine. 12 Bolt rear, Multi leafs, 4 speed, dual fuel lines etc.
that make me feel the guy was on the up and up about the SS package.
But I also realize all of that could have been added.

Thanks, JimmyC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts