Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best way to paint your garage floor and with what type of paint that is going to hold up, also any suggestions about do it:cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I coated my floor with the U- Coat It system about eight months ago....well worth the extra expense!!! No hot tire pick -up at all....the toughest part was removing the old "Home Depot" paint that was on the floor before...if you follow the directions exactly as spelled out, you'll be content with the results!!!

Total cost for the kit I bought was about $500.00

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ! any suggestions as what would be a nice and different touch

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I bought a Garage Floor Coating kit that comes in a box at Home Depot. It comes in two colors - grey or tan. It comes with paint chips to scatter over the paint to give it a speckle paint look. No floor etching required. I simply cleaned the garage floor thoroughly with detergent, a scrub brush, and rinsed, allowed it to dry, then rolled on the coating and scattered the paint chips on every 6x6 area. Then let it dry for 1-2 days. It lasts 1-3 years before tire wear marks show up. I re-coat mine every 3 years just to keep it looking fresh. It takes about 3 kits to finish my extra deep 3 car garage. Each kit costs about $60. I even bought a grey speckled workbench to match the floor...

Jim

·
Registered
255 Posts
I coated my floor with the U- Coat It system about eight months ago....well worth the extra expense!!! No hot tire pick -up at all....the toughest part was removing the old "Home Depot" paint that was on the floor before...if you follow the directions exactly as spelled out, you'll be content with the results!!!

Total cost for the kit I bought was about $500.00
Hey Tex, what did you use to get the old paint off the floor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts