Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends!!

We are building LT-1/sixspeed(taken from 1996 camaro) conversion for 1969 Camaro,everything is going fine but we had to remove the Line between hydraulic mastercylinder and slavecylinder. There are two small "o-rings" wich are actually X-RINGS made of rubber ,they we damaged and we REALLY need em and cant find them anywhere! GM doesnt sell them separetly anymore(this is what Finnish dealer told us ) and NOBODY seem to sell them.Does anyone have any ideas what to do? Thank you! Joni

·
10,164 Posts
What is an "X" ring? Can you discribe it?
can you substitute an O ring?
do you have a part number for them?
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Chev 350
Can Am Vintage Racer

[This message has been edited by davidpozzi (edited 05-28-2001).]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello David! Long time no see..

"X" ring is like an O-ring but the rings diameter form is more like an edgy than round.Iam not sure if my english is good enough to scribe it. Thats why i have heard term "X" ring. They told me from local GM Dealer at the part is discontinud and replaced as an complete unit with Maincylinder,hose and slave cylinder!!!! Thats too much for me to just replace bad seal.. This project isnt really easy...

If some on can help me i would be more than happy! thanks Joni

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I've seen the seal before,kinda like 5 or so O rings combined into one.The whole seal is about 1/8".There has to be a source in the aftermarket.I buy my clutches from a place called LUK clutches.I know they have a warehouse/distribution center in Denver Colorado.They also sell hydraulic parts.I'll try to remember to ask them tomorrow.

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Dale! you are right about the shape! I would be more than happy if you have time and effort to ask. Joni

·
Super Moderator
33,179 Posts
Joni,

The rings you want are called "QUAD-Ring seals". They are cataloged by ROD diameter, or Inside Diameter.

A distributor from the catalog I have is Gallagher Fliud Seals, King of Prussia, PA ph 610-277-8200 FAX 610-277-3850

Also, the manufacturer is Minnesota Rubber.

I hope this helps,

Everett 68/350/PG/11.90/115mph

·
Registered
612 Posts
Why did you need to remove the hydraulic line to the actuator? Just curious.
Tyler

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.pro-touring.com/featured_cars/Tyler_Beauregard/tyler_beauregard.htm" TARGET=_blank>
68-LT1-T56
</A>
<A HREF="http://www.pro-touring.com/featured_cars/Tyler_Beauregard/tyler_beauregards_project_5050.htm" TARGET=_blank>
50-50
</A>

·
10,164 Posts
You should be able to get them at any good industrial hydraulic supply store.
Here is a link to some at McMaster-Carr http://www.mcmaster.com/param/asp/ss.asp?FAM=orings&FT_104=4054&FT_116=557&FT_131=8448&FT_158=8422&FT_288=7526&desc=Double+Seal+Buna%2DN+O%2DRing
This is a frame within their web page.
You will get more info by going to their basic web page.
http://www.mcmaster.com
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Chev 350
Can Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hope the others are of help,I called around, and no help.Dealer sells it as a complete assy.,LUK has none,except as a complete part.Napa didn't seem to understand what I wanted.Called a fleet supply place..flat told me NO.Oh well I tried!

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ilove you friends!! Thank you for your input on this ! I will call that shop Everett, and thank you for identify this part for me. Dale you have met same problem as i did,i call around here for general gasket companys and they didnt understand me... David,i will check that link and let you all know where i can get one,so when some else needs em next time we all know. And Why i did remove it first place? Hydraulic line was cut in two parts when removed from donor car,so we disasembled the hose ends and pressed new hose on them,seals damaged when doing this.We felt complete new system was too much for us. thanks Joni

1 - 10 of 10 Posts