Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get some help in finding an original hurst shifter w/all parts for my 69 z28 camaro with a m21 4 speed. I believe the shifter in my car is not original as it has a flat handle shifter. The shifter itself does say Completition Plus, but I suspect it not original. WIll I need to get all new rods, clips, etc.? Does anyone sell replacement Hurst shifters that are exactly the same as the original Hurst shifters that came in 69 z28 Camaros with round 5325 handle, 3138 body, etc.? Or will I have to find someone who sells refurbished parts and hope I get one that works correctly? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
You can get a Hurst linkage through Summit with all the proper rods witht he exception of the lock out.....I have not seen a repro Hurst round shift lever though.. Ebay usually has a few on so you may take a look there. Heartbeat City had a rebuilt one that looked very nice but I think they wanted 1000 for it . Here is one for 600ish

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-c...ryZ34208QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
The repro is called a "correct looking" Hurst shifter. It is not really a reproduction of the original press in round stick.
The repro has a bolt on round stick.

hard to find a complete original.
I have a unrestored original in pretty good shape with rods and levers except missing the rev lever. Have not been able to find just an original rev lever for it.

that one on ebay for $699 is missing a lot of parts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The repro is called a "correct looking" Hurst shifter. It is not really a reproduction of the original press in round stick.
The repro has a bolt on round stick.

hard to find a complete original.
I have a unrestored original in pretty good shape with rods and levers except missing the rev lever. Have not been able to find just an original rev lever for it.

that one on ebay for $699 is missing a lot of parts
Thanks Joe58 for your info. Would you be willing to sell your 'unrestored original' shifter? If so, please email me directly at [email protected]. Photos would be nice too. thanks, Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts