Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my '69 Camaro about 2 weeks ago. The owner told me that when he removed the motor to paint it, he accidentally busted one of the A/C lines. Prior to that, it worked.

Anyway, I need to replace the line that runs from the box on the firewall to the condenser on the passenger fender. Does anyone know where I can locate one of these for decent price? I thought about picking one off another car at a junkyard, but from what I've seen, nothing fits the same.

Next question, this A/C was previously run using the old refrigerant. What needs to be done to update it to something more current and legal, R134?

Thanks!

------------------
1969 Camaro - 350...and that's about it for now.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
The "condenser" on the passenger inner fender
is actually the dryer. You will need to replace that, when you get a new hose. I got my dryer from a local AC Delco parts house. I am not aware of anyone who has off the shelf hoses. You can contact Old Air Products (or something similar, I can't remember thier name) in Tampa, FL (813) 251-2351. If you send them the old hoses and fittings, they will make duplicates. Since my car was originally Small block, and now it's a B/B, I don't have the correct hoses. Some are the same, and others are different.
I am having the hoses made up at a local A/C shop that deals in "specialty" car A/C.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
hey Chill,
What does "exact" mean? Different style of hose? Different style of fittings? Sounds like a reasonable alternative.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts