Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for input from members who have installed an LS engine in their first gen Camaro. I want to go with an LS2 / auto trans. I've been told to locate a take out complete with trans, ECM, pedal, etc. Is this the way to go ? Where do you recommend I begin to look ? Any input will be appreciated. Right now I have a rolling chassis ready to drop in a powerplant. Also, will a 8.5 10 bolt be enough to handle the LS ?

Thanks, Sammy

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Complete takeouts are available on eBay from a couple of reputable sellers. Craigslist is another source for local takeouts that can often be heard running before they are pulled.

Don

·
Registered
12 Posts
The first thing I would establish is a budget with the expectation of overrunning it!

It appears that you plan on using a takeout engine with the factory accessory drive and exhaust manifolds. That is certainly the least expensive method. Using headers and aftermarket ECMs really drive the price up.

Almost all of the "good" deals out there have been wrecked cars that are parted out via word of mouth or the local Craigslist. You have to network with some local car clubs and get to know people to find those type of deals.

The swap is worth it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts