Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the carpet on my 67 RS and need input on where the seam the left right seam/overlap should lie. I am sure that it goes under front seats, but is there a specified distance that was set by the factory? If not what is the general rule of thumb? Should I be more conerned about where the rubber foot section lines up? THanks in advance.

Ramblin67rs

Ramble on..

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I screwed up a brand new carpet by measuring, cutting, and not fitting. Ordered a new one and used the foot pad and dimmer switch hole as a reference and it worked out fine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Fit it like deerhunter said. The dimmer should go in, and then follow the outline of the indentation along the sides of the foot pans. The front piece should overlap the rear piece, and go on top of the front seat mounting bolts to hide the feet and bolts. If you fit it correctly the foot section will line up without problems. Use the sill plates and kick panels to determine where the cuts should be along the sides. Start long and trim down a little at a time. It's pretty easy if you're patient.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Exactly! Lots of info if you use the search function too. I went thru this a few months back when my oil pressure gauge let go and soaked the carpets and floors. Trim a little, fit, trim a little more, etc. DO NOT start with what you think should be the "final cut". I used a little spray adhesive on the floor to lightly "tack" the carpet as I was laying it in, starting at the dimmer switch. But line everything up BEFORE you make the first cut. And go slow.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts