Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been looking at getting a first gen camaro, and I think I want a fuel injected 383. I'll most likely be running a t-56 behind it with 3.73 or 4.10s. I'm going for the pro touring looks and perfomance.

Anyways, which one would you put in your car?
1) LT1 383 with headers, cam, and the other neccesary upgrades

2)L98 383 with the Holley Stealth Ram intake along with the other upgrades that it will need too.

My concerns with the LT1 is mainly I think it will cost a little more since some of the standard SBC stuff won't work on it and the opticrap (oh, I mean optispark) I don't want to be worried about the reliability of either of these.

My concerns with the L98 TPI setup is the power output, though I think the new Holley Stealth ram will help to level the field at a resonable cost. Also, if I run a MAFS engine, will that become a bottle neck, or can you upgrade to larger MAFS off of a LT1/LS1/aftermarket. If I run a SD engine, is it that hard to configure to the extra inches?

I kinda have my own opinions on each, but want to hear your ideas/experiences. Thanks

BTW...I've also considered an LS1, but I already have one of those, and kinda want to run something different.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have gone through very similar thoughts...I even have the LT-1 in my garage. I ended up deciding to go with a traditional (pre-87)400 sbc.
In addition I am adding the Holley C950 multi-point system. I like the stand alone alone ecu, pump, etc. The tunability of these systems is much better than the factory system.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've also thought about that too, maybe a 327 crank in a 400 block, but I don't know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts