Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have narrowed my tire choices to a couple of options & would like to hear everyone's opinion. The tires are going on a '68 RS/SS convertible lowered 2" (Global west springs). The goal is a solid combination of handling, ride quality, & looks (not a g-machine). I'm not really into the rubber band tires (35/40 aspects) & like a little sidewall for a muscle car. Wheels are Wheel Vintique's Billet Rallys:
17X7 wheel in front 4.5 B/S
17X8 wheel in rear 4.5 B/S

Tire options I'm looking at are:
Option #1
Front: 235/45-17 diameter 25.3 & 4.1" sidewall
Rear: 255/45-17 diameter 26.1 & 4.5" sidewall
All in Firestone Firehawk SZ50EP

Option #2
Front: 225/55-16 diam 25.7" & 4.9" sidewall
Rear: 255/50-17 diam 27.0" & 5.0" sidewall
All in Bridgestone Potenza RE750

Tire brands were chosen because of size availability in an ultra high performance summer tire.

THOUGHTS? OPINIONS?

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
if you aren't into the "rubber band" look and want a little bit of sidewall, go with the second set which is a tad bit taller. they will look a little more "proper" on the rally wheel, and will still make the car handle like a new car- or better.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I recently have done some research on ultra performance radials and for the money the firestones are by far the best, in lap times, wet traction etc. I would opt for sz50ep. I am, SS

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ironically both Firestone and Bridgestone are both owned by the same parent company. I've used the Potenza's in the past and was happy with their performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts