Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck tires look like onions! I need some that are 295/50/15 or say 26-28 inches tall. I know M/T ET streets would be great but I'd rather get tires like BFG Radial T/A or Cooper Cobra's. The tires on it now are called Road Max?? They look good but suck at traction. I prefer some with white letters.

Any opinions would be great, thanks

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I dont know if you want to go the BF goodrich route for traction. They look graet and I have them on my car but they light up pretty easy. I hear alot of guys that use street drag radial like Mickey Thompson Are the best. Look in a Summit Racing catalog there's a bunch in there

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mt/ et/ streets!!!!!!!!
If these were white letters I would have already bought them. If I got these how many miles would they last?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know if you want to go the BF goodrich route for traction. They look graet and I have them on my car but they light up pretty easy. I hear alot of guys that use street drag radial like Mickey Thompson Are the best. Look in a Summit Racing catalog there's a bunch in there
They have some great looking tires in there especially the Mickey Thompson BUT they have some wierd sizes. I want the exact size of my front tires.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have run the BFG T/A's in 295/50R15 on both a 81 Silverado and my 77 formula Firebird, They were nice looking tires but the traction was not that great and would usually wear through a set every season. I'm a long ways back from having to look for tires for the 68 yet, but it will not be the BFG tires this time out. good luck and let us know how what ever you choose works out for traction and wear.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Another option besides the ET streets are the Mickey Thompson Drag Radials. The ET streets will work but cops like to pick apart tires that are designed this way. The Drag Radials version work just as good if not better then the ET streets, and you will be left alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts