Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I got a black 69 Z with white stripes & was toying with the idea of running 17" or 18" black center with chrome lip rims. I was hoping to see a few pics before laying down a lot of $$$. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stewie,

Car looks real nice! Do you remember what size rims and tires you were running?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
The car in the picture was not mine. I took that picture at the Canadian Camaro Nationals last year. I never got a chance to see the hood open. It was owned by a dealer who had several fully restored cars for sale. All were very high dollar cars.
Unfortunately I was out of town for Friday and Saturday and just made the last couple of hours on Sunday. The show is coming up this weekend and is held locally at the Four Points Sheraton in the Niagara region.
I agree with Andrew they were 15 inch wheels.
This was mine.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/69CanadianZ.jpg
By the way I love your car Andrew. I had two black ones. One was my original that started out Rallye Green, the other was a Glacier Blue that was painted before I bought it.
Brian

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Thank you for the compliments Kelvinator. The drive train in my car came out of the "Pumpkin" Camaro. A couple of years ago Rick advertised on this site a DZ 302 engine and M21 tranny combo from the fan through the drive shaft and since I needed one we worked something out. He was going to build up the numbers matching block for the car and I heard it now has a cross ram dual carb setup. I have to say that my engine runs strong.
The wheels are TTII and measure:
Front: 16 x 7 w/ 4" backspace, tires 225-55
Rear: 16 x 8 w/ 4.75" backspace, tires 255-50
This size of tire is 26" in diameter, very close to the original size. To me the 17" and larger wheels just look too big on the Camaros. The 16" is a happy medium between the original 15" size and today's large hoops.
Stewie, If you see Rick, the owner of the Pumpkin Camaro, please tell him Andrew said hello.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really appreciate the pics you sent me Andrew. Looking at your car with the TTIIs looks really nice in chrome. Maybe I'll have to rethink the black center idea again. Decisions, decisions.....lol.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
check out my profile pic, I have TTII cr205. They are 17x8 with 245/45/17 firehawk wideoval and 17x9.5 on the rear with 275/40/17. I love the way my car looks. I think AR was a rim that looks like a TT, but has a powder coated black center. I think only in 18" though. I use 2" drop spring in the front, and a 1" drop block for the rear.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Yes she really looked sweet. They had this one as well. 396 375 horse. I would love to know how they get their frames so perfect. I saw three of their cars up there and the frames look as good as the fenders.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/P6100032.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/P6100031.jpg
Unfortunatley my old Z was there as well. I shed a tear for it. I sold it 4 years ago. Since then he has won best original 3 times.
Totally unrestored original 30,000 miles. I needed money for my daughters tuition at UNC. As it turned out they came through with scolarship money and I didn't need it after all.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/P6100028-1.jpg

·
Registered
662 Posts
trek70,
Car looks great! Any rubbing issues?
thanks
well, on the left rear it hit a little, I guess leaf srping are off a little from side to side, so I bought a wheel spacer and have no problems now. Thanks for the comment on the car!!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Kelvin, we now have black chrome available on Forgelines. I do not have any pics, but am dying to see black chrome centers with chrome lips on a black car. I would hook you up with a sweet deal to see it done. I think the black car will really bring out the black chrome

PS, the flash photography kills alot of the black in the chrome. They are a bit darker in person.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Frank for the generous offer. Unfortunately, I am still on ther fence on which way to go regarding black center rims. Need more pics to help decide.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts