Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some pic's of a bumble bee stripe for 67 . prefer close up shots for reference for the piant shop.
I am going with orange with white stripe,
any tips or hints that I could pass on to the piant shop would be greatly apriacated.
I will be going to the shop on monday afternoon!
thanks
Will

------------------
camaro's for ever!!! :D
67 327 11:1 4spd.
70 454 400thm 10 posi
my 70 454 camaro

·
Registered
820 Posts
just so you all know, the main page of this website has a index of cars for 67-69+ so you can always check there first, its alot faster...

and remember:

Camaros.Net - More than just a message board...

------------------

Chris's 67 RS 327, Comp280,Flowmasters,shoddy interior, pepboys carpet and rusty floors and trunk can be seen at http://www.67rs.com
JOIN THE CAMARO NET WEBRING!
http://nav.webring.yahoo.com/hub?ring=camaronet&list

·
Registered
407 Posts
If my dimming memory serves me, I think the Camaro assembly manual has a page dedicated to the measurements and placement of the bumble bee stripe. Also, try a search for older posts as I found some great help there. I used the stencil kit. I know it's kind of expensive, but for what a good paint job costs these days, I felt it was worth it not to mess it up.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did a search and didn't come with any pic's

I also went to the info exchange ,lots of pic's but none that you could see enough detail,
I have odered the stripe kit 70.00

but again worth doing right the first time!

------------------
camaro's for ever!!! :D
67 327 11:1 4spd.
70 454 400thm 10 posi
my 70 454 camaro

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I just bought a stencil kit for my 68 and had the shop put it on right.

The stencil kit shows you how to line everything up. I was there and helped the guy lay it on right. Make sure you don't center it on the header. The stripe is closer to the front of the header panel. Again, the stencil is designed to minimize *uck ups.

I searched the web, magazines and books and I found that soooo many cars have variations on the bumble bee stripe. In fact, if you have the NPD catalog from a couple months ago, they have a blue Nickey's (I think) Camaro on the cover. Look at the bumble bee stripe. It's centered on the header. That's incorrect. So even the cars worth 40 or 50 grand don't always get it right.

There's a 2" break in the stripe for your engine or RS emblem, although I have seen posts of guys going 2-1/16".

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts