Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting painted soon (yes heard hat one before) but it is getting close. Please post pictures of stripes on your stinger hoods if you got em. I need some stuff to show my painter. I had some but lost them.:(

Joe

·
Registered
601 Posts
lol i heard it also paint is near maybe we should bet lol in a week or so he said. mine needs another coat of primer than sand than paint. but what stripes going front to back or side stripes

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Wonder if a stencil kit for a 67 Vette would work, at least as a guide maybe?

I have no idea how close the dimensions are between the two stingers. Not impossible, but I think that would definitely be a "fun" stripe to lay out by hand.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I Googled "baldwin motion camaro", and then hit the images link up top, and a bunch came up.

From what I have seen (I have never been up close and personal with one), the strip on the Camaro hood isn't as fat across the top of the scoop itself as the Vette. The Vette stripe covers almost all the top, while the Camaro stripe had an inch or more of color on top.

Personally, I think he could kinda wing it. How many folks are going to know it's "right" or not?

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Youre probably right on that, Eric.

The top of the stinger wouldn't be difficult, but getting the "V" even on both sides will take several/many tries to get even on both sides.

Just trial and error, though.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only looking to go with the stripe on the hood. There was a post on it that had pictures but they are gone? I thought I had down loaded them. I need to search for the post again.

Joe

Ahhh!! Found it and PM'd JM69SS to see if he can repost or relink pictures here. He had close ups.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90082&highlight=stinger+hood+stripe

This is the post and the stripe I am thinking of using. I like the Baldwin also, not sure what to do now!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I must have deleted the close-up pics off of my photobucket site - they're not there anymore! Here's a few long shots. I'll check my home computer tonight and see if I still have them.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Joe - Found some more pics. We didn't use a stencil or anything - my painter basically free-handed the tape until it looked right. I used the hockey stripe also, so we matched the pinstripe width and spacing on the hood and decklid same as the fender. He based the car, color sanded, laid on 1-2 coats of clear, wet sanded, sprayed the stripes, and then 4-5 more coats of clear. Definitely couldn't feel the stripe edges and they almost appeared to float in the clear. I got so many compliments on the paint it was incredible. I still can't figure out why I was in such a hurry to sell the car!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohhh Ya Baby that's what I call SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for those pictures!! Sorry to hear you sold her but you can have pride in knowing I am copying your handy work.............I hope that's OK.

I will only have the strip on the hood and no place else, I am buying a 4 inch steel cowl hood also and it will be painted the same color as the my 67 with no stripe and a solid color matching the rest of the car. I figured it's cheap way to change up the look now and then.

Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts