Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't need anything fancy or race oriented. I am doing some work on a friends Plymouth Acclaim, that at the least blew a head gasket. I need to get some work done on the head which may include welding if it is cracked (aluminum head). Any suggestions?

·
Registered
622 Posts
travis, I have always had my machine work done at P.M.I..(precision machine inc.) they are located on Christy drive. they can can do head work, but i do not think they can do welding on the head. there is a place called REVS in Kingdom City (about 30 minutes from J.C.) 573-642-0850 that can weld and repair the head. I am not sure if anyone in jeff city does it. David. you living in J.C. now?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info David.
Yes, I am living in Jeff City like I was 2 years ago. I got a pretty sweet job up here this time. May end up moving up here for good. Right now its looking like I'll be here for about 2 years.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Travis

PMI is on the access road on the east side of 54 south right north of Ellis Blvd.

This is the place that was supposed to have balanced my engine and I told you the rest...

I do figure they do good work so will probably be fine if they can do it fast enough for you??

pdq67

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good guys...I'll check them out.

What about salvage yards around here? It seems like you guys are seriously lacking in this department LOL

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Try here Travis..

Mid-Missouri Auto Salvage
Fayette, MO
Local Phone: 660-248-3373
Toll Free: 800-356-9290

They are pretty good sized for being out in the sticks....

Take the I-70 Midway exit west of Columbia like 4 to 5 miles and go right/north towards Fayette...

Heck, I will be glad to go with you Sat.????

pdq67

PS., Don't, Don't go to A-1 here in town and over east on I-70..

·
Registered
622 Posts
Connel auto salvage on Rt C between jeff city and russellville ( about 10 minutes out of town. Miller iron and metal out on RT D also about 10 minutes out of jeff city down highway 54 towards the lake. All Type (I think thats the name) on RT 00 in Holts Summit. I have more but they are farther away. David

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
There you go and I didn't know about them.

Sorrels in west part of Columbia on the old Hwy 40 but they are pretty small to me..

pdq67

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys...I've got some parts searching to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts