Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago i went and got my shocks and struts dont on my 94 Camaro v6 5 speed. At the same time i got my alignment done. I drove my car home and the alignment was screwed up but i worked the next 18 days in a row! i take it back there for them to fix it and they come back with something with the rack and pinion is failed and there is something sliding around that makes it so that the steering wheel is turned like 1/4 a turn to the left for the car to go straight. does this sound right? then on the way home my brake light came on and wont turn off. I also have to press it to the floor to stop. When i had the struts done i had the brakes inspected and was told they were at 75 percent and perfect. I drive maybe 100 miles a week if that. so how does this happen?

Thanx dukesmaster

·
Registered
366 Posts
First off it sounds like you blew a brakeline, your car is not safe to drive like this, most likely one of the front hoses was not reattached to the strut so it rubbed thru on a front wheel IMO. Second if the car was properly aligned the wheel would be straight, if the rack was bad then it was bad before the alignment. Someone should have picked up on this. Did they give you a printout of the alignment specs after it was done? If they did can you scan it and post?

Dan E.
69 SS396 4spd. 4.10 posi. x66 coupe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts