Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to purchase a good LH (drivers side) front spindle for a 1967 camaro, with drum brakes. Anyone have one to sell, or know where I can buy one, please email
thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
year one sells them new for an arm and a leg but I wouldnt pay that for one. All Novas 69-74 are compatable and the others that use that body style(appolo, omega, buick special) 69 to 72 chevelles also use them. You also see them on ebay from time to time dirt cheap. Drum spindles are easy to come by its the disk break spindles that are a bitch. Good luck, Danny

------------------
I didn't build it, I didn't break it so lighten up, I'm just trying to fix it

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i have been told many times that 64-72 chevelles and clones are also interchangeable...on a side note, i hear you can make drum spindles into disc spindle with a simple machining operation. is this true?

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
rfine67, drop me an e-mail and I'll send you one for free. Yes I have seen a drum spindle been converted to disc by machining around a 1/4" I think from the top mounting post.

·
Registered
470 Posts
rfine,
I have a set I took off my 70 Nova, let me know if you don't find one elsewhere.

Bill C.

------------------
Bill C.
Colorado Springs, CO

68 Camaro... someday!
71 Chevelle SS
70 Nova

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help
I am interested in the converting the drum spindle to disk spindle, doe's anyone have a printout of machine work, and a list of parts to use

·
19,745 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts