Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of Installing DSE mini tubs and RideTech bolt-in 4 link in my 68 Camaro.

What tire and rim brands/combinations are you guys running on these cars and where are you buying them?

Im looking at running 335/35/17 tires on 11"-12" rims out back, and what ever I can get away with up front for the time-being, using the stock disc brakes and suspension.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
781 Posts
My Top 3 choices
Rushforth (what im runnin)
Boze Forged
and if youve got lots of dough ... forgeline's

Im sure youll get lots of opinions as this is a very subjective topic

Check out Lateral G site for lots of opinions and pics

Steve

·
Registered
590 Posts
You may want to wait until front suspension is finalized. Wheels are expensive and if you dont plan on keeping stock discs/suspension, that will likely change your wants & needs on wheel/tire size. On the rear it would be best to pick your wheel/tire sizes along with backspacing. Then you can have the rear narrowed to correct specs so everything goes together without issues. A reputable wheel vendow/company can really make a difference here. I'd like to add Bonspeed to the above list.
Scott

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may want to wait until front suspension is finalized. Wheels are expensive and if you dont plan on keeping stock discs/suspension, that will likely change your wants & needs on wheel/tire size. On the rear it would be best to pick your wheel/tire sizes along with backspacing. Then you can have the rear narrowed to correct specs so everything goes together without issues. A reputable wheel vendow/company can really make a difference here. I'd like to add Bonspeed to the above list.
Scott
I don't intend to narrow the rear end...I do see the point on the front suspension thou. I hope to run 275's, somehow...

And, Yes, rims are very expensive, much more than I planned for. I will have to easily add $ 1500 to my tire/rim budget from the looks of it. I could run 315's but would that really save me a significant amount of cash, and why, when I really want the 335's anyway?

Appreciate the input from you guys. :beers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts