Team Camaro Tech banner

Need to re-wire entire car

758 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  garfield 
#1 ·
I want to re-wire my camaro. The warning blikers and turning signals all work intermittently and only one taillight works. I am considering painless wiring butI don't know anything about them. Does anyone in here have any experience with this product? How much did you pay for it and how complicated was it to install? Please let me know..Thanks

------------------
Chasing a dream one bolt at a time

See less See more
#2 ·
Painless just makes generic harnesses. You'll have to do some cutting and splicing to install it. M&H Fabricators makes true replacement harnesses, just plug them in. M&H can customize the harnesses also. If you want to ditch the external voltage regulator and run a 100 amp CS alternator they can wire it for you. If you run a HEI distributor they can change the resistor wire to a true 12 volt feed. If you have an electric choke they can add the 12 volt feed for that also. IMHO M&H is much less painfull than Painless. Check out thier web site here http://www.wiringharness.com/ Good Luck George

#5 ·
I looked at both M&H and Painless. I opted for the painless kit. I got it from Summit for about $420.

The kit is very complete, wires are both color coded and labeled end to end. The directions are fairly detailed and their customer support is excellent (I have called them twice)You get 18 circuits, so you can have all the accessories(Fuel pump, electric fans, etc.) you want and never run out of juice. I have the main harness and fuse block in the car and the wires are run. I am finishing restoring my dash carrier and the I will connect everything up at that point. I have some pics I can post if you are interested.Good luck with whatever company you choose.

Bob

------------------
69 Convertible - Restification in Progress

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.