Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 68 conv. with a 383 stroker, m20 trans and 342 12 bolt rear end. Got 5 leaf springs. I'm having a problems with the rear end torquing up and the universal is hitting in the tunnel. Need some traction bars? What kind should I use and where can I get a set? I've been told to use the "plate mounted" what ever that means? Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
x4 great investment with great results.

·
Registered
473 Posts
X5 Cal Trac's work great

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone have a picture of the Cal-Trac traction bar's mounted under the car? I have a set of Hotchkis frame connectors (for a convertible) and am wondering if these will interfere???? thank's for any help.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I purchased a set of Caltrac traction bars as well as had my multi leaf springs re arched 1.5". the car was sitting too low in the rear to start with. man what a world of difference it makes. No wheel hopping, no rear end hitting the tail pipe, no drive shaft universal hitting under the car. Did a couple of burnouts last evening and dang it was fun.
I give a thumbs up to Caltrac.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the Cal-Trac traction bar's mounted under the car? I have a set of Hotchkis frame connectors (for a convertible) and am wondering if these will interfere???? thank's for any help.
I installed Global West frame connectors and they curve around the area where the Caltracs connect, but maybe this will help you out :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts