Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:
I am going to converting my collumn shift '68 to a stock horseshoe shifter with console & guages. My questions concerns the neutral safety switch. I did a search on the topic and answered most of my questions. The one thing I still don't know is how the wiring from my existing switch (on the collumn) gets wired up to the new harness I'll be using for the console? Does it get unplugged from the steering collumn and pluged it into the new harness or do I have to actually cut and splice some wires from the exisiting switch into the new harness?? I have yet to receive the harness so my question might be answered when I receive it. But I just wanted to throw the question out there as I'm sure there are a bunch of people that have done the conversion and can easily answer the question.
Thanks!
D. Schribert
'68 Convertible

·
Super Moderator
32,440 Posts
I have made wire extenders, i.e., male quick disconnect - to - wire - to - female quick disconnect
and hooked up steering column to console. I used the same wire gauge dfor the circuits being extended. This way it saves the orig harness.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts