Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of installing a Horseshoe shifter from a 68-69 Camaro in a 74 Nova on the floor. It was a steering shift... but replaced the whole colum for a floor shifter with tilt and moved the shift to the floor T-350. Can any one help me with were I might hook the 2-sets of wires (4) under dash to get the NSS to work correctly. I have on the NSS 2-Purple wires and 2-black... each with a white line on one purple and one blk wire that came from a Camaro after market wire harness new.... What wires am I looking for to splice these into from the NSS???

·
Registered
922 Posts
Re: How does the neutral safety switch work?

I am in the middle of installing a Horseshoe shifter from a 68-69 Camaro in a 74 Nova on the floor. It was a steering shift... but replaced the whole colum for a floor shifter with tilt and moved the shift to the floor T-350. Can any one help me with were I might hook the 2-sets of wires (4) under dash to get the NSS to work correctly. I have on the NSS 2-Purple wires and 2-black... each with a white line on one purple and one blk wire that came from a Camaro after market wire harness new.... What wires am I looking for to splice these into from the NSS???
The NSS serves two functions...(1) allows the engine to be started in neutral or park positions using the purple wires and (2) turn on the backup lights when in reverse. The 2 black wire connections on your after market switch should be used for the backup light circuit. :thumbsup:

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Marshall - I moved your highjack of the other Neutral Safety Switch thread into its own. Since this is your first post you get a get out of jail free card on this one. :) Take a second to fill out your profile and signature so we know what options and year your Camaro is and has, so if you forget to post that information in every post, we can get you helpful information as quick as possible.

Also when you get a second - wonder over to the Welcome Wagon and post an introduction for you and your Camaro. We welcome you aboard Team Camaro.

·
Super Moderator
32,531 Posts
Your easiest fix is make an extension harness of the same wire gauge.
Shrink tube all connections and follow Karl's suggestions.

Welcome aboard, Marshall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts