Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres my deal...When I bought my 67, the previous owner took out the factory shifter and 2sp powerglide, and replaced it with a 700r4 and a hurst shifter. Its a console shifter. I didnt like the look of the hurst, so replaced it with the factory shifter. (the 700r4 stayed). My question is this: He left the neutral saftey switch laying inside the console, still wired up but not attached to anything. I belive the switch is in the PARK position. For the life of me, I cant figure out how to attach this switch to the factory shifter. The switch is a horseshoe shaped thing and i just cant figure it out. Anyone have a pic or a diagram of how this switch attaches? The only reason I care is cuz without it, I dont have any functioning back up lights. Thanks

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
The switch bolts to the passenger side of the shifter, under the console where its out of sight. There should be bolt holes and notches for it to mount right in, then purple wires push onto the brass wire tabs. It snugs into the shifter so that the handle, when moved, releases the switch.

This pic barely shows the switch in place and 2 brass tabs pointing toward drivers side.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
It's been 20 years, but the switch hookup on the 67 shifter is similar, switch screws to the "far side" of the shifter, shifter moves the switch.
Details better than that would be in the 67 assembly manual, maybe someone will post up a pic.

·
Registered
862 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts