Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i had thought that my PCV sucking up oil was the problem but now it appears its not. My new 383 is still smoking when you let off the gas and when you get on it. (Let my buddy drive it and followed him to see) Soooo frustrating. Guess its back to the shop that built it and see if they can tell me whats causing it. Such a downer when you spend $5000 to have a Brand new motor built and it smokes. Been a rough year.

·
Retired
26,697 Posts
Sounds like valve guides... Also could still be some residue in the PCV if you haven't put too many miles on it yet...

·
Registered
891 Posts
what kind of heads?on vortec heads,and i'm sure others the rocker studs can penetrate into the intake port.if no sealer was used oil can be pulled into the intake runners on decelleration(high vacuum).
Eric B

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are Dart Iron Eagle Heads. Just for the heck of it, im gonna pull the carb off this morning and take a look inside the intake and see if i can spot any oil. Go from there i guess. (The shop that built this has built a lot of 383's so you would think they would have covered all the bases and there would be no issues.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts