Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I hate to say it but it is either a new motor or rebuild the 383 that I have. I think I will rebuild...cheaper! 383 with 10.5 compression. I will change the heads to the new AFR 195,s and go with a vodoo 566/578" mechanical roller. Intake and carb will remain the same. Rpm air gap with a Barry Grant 750 speed demon. Msd ignition will light the candles. Right now I have about 450 horse using a hyd. cam with 108 centers, .480 lift. The motor makes me nervous for some reason. The heads, are aluminium, but have straight plugs..pain in the butt. How much horse do you think the new combo would be putting out, I would like around 500. I am also going to be switching from the M-21 to a tremac. I think with my 3.73 gears I should be able to get out of the way. Whatcha all think...oh yeah...I thought I was done!!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Would have to know the duration of the cam, but if its around 230s/240s then you shouldnt have a problem makin 500hp.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds good. The AFR 195's will really help to make power. I'm making 450 hp with (ages) old Dart sportsman II heads and that same basic combination except for a smaller comp magnum cam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts