Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just purchased this 1969 Camaro yesterday, after a 1 year hunt. I saw this car once driving around a certain area going on the opposite direction on the highway and tried to follow it but I lost it due to traffic.

The same thing happened to be about 2 or 3 times until a few days ago when I was able to talk to the owner while the car was parked.

After a brief conversation, the deal was made to buy the car the following day for $1k! I felt lucky to say the least.

Well, now its sitting on my driveway and I have started to look for parts for the car on ebay and to my surprise I have found out that EVERYTHING is available for the 69 camaro and at great prices to boot!!!!

I am mostly into mopars only, but I have a soft spot for the 69 camaros. I was tired of paying and arm and a leg for parts for my mopars...now I know that dealing with this 69 will be a refreshing experience!!! I love the mopars, but I was really looking forward to get into something new...

Ill be posting a bunch because Im a newbie in the bow tie world and I have lots to learn!!!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
$1K...thats a typo right?

Otherwise, we are going to turn you over to the Camaro authorities for "Theft"..

Welcome aboard...how about a couple pics of your new ride!

Dan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'Nuther one, my dad's on this one...

Yeah, I have to agree, I stole it for $1k.

The car isnt that bad at all!!!! Still, I plan on changing the fenders, hood, door skins, quarters, tail panel, and trunk lid. At the prices those go for it doesnt make sense to perform bodywork on the whole car. I see there are many different sources...whats the best quality replacement sheetmetal for the 69 camaros? How's the fit? Any advice?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Not bad at all for 1K! Congrats and welcome to the Team :waving:

·
Super Moderator
32,349 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. Persistence does pay off.

We all will be available for questions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
'Nuther one, my dad's on this one...

Yeah, I have to agree, I stole it for $1k.

The car isnt that bad at all!!!! Still, I plan on changing the fenders, hood, door skins, quarters, tail panel, and trunk lid. At the prices those go for it doesnt make sense to perform bodywork on the whole car. I see there are many different sources...whats the best quality replacement sheetmetal for the 69 camaros? How's the fit? Any advice?
Not a bad car to start with Domingo! Look at "impressive Metalwork" thread, thats what I started with. All aftermarket sheetmetal used. Parts will try the nerves at times. Anything OER works just fine and everything is resonably priced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts