Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, great site here! Been lurking for a while, figured I might as well join. Well heres a lil about me. Im 24 from North Central Illinois. I am a foreman for a Commercial Plumbing Company. Been into cars all my life. Ive had a 68 nova, 95 Z28, and now a 69 camaro. My dad has a 73Z and a 2002 SS. My bro has an all origional 92 heritage Z28 Black with red stripes.

Heres mine, open rearend, muncie 4sp, and a 1970 LT1 370hp shortblock with 1.94 heads, and a quadrajet. I bought the car 2 months ago like it is except for a 1.5"rear/2"front hotchkis lowering kit, Hooker aero chamber mufflers, and new brake lines and master cylinder that I installed. Over time I will replace the whole top end and detail the engine bay. It was owned by my dads best friend whose had it since 76. He died last year and I bought it from his mother. It had been sitting in a small garage for the last 4 years. There was a restoration done on it in 91.

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
welcome to Team Camaro... I have friends in Libertyville, not too awful far from you. Great looking car too. At times we also get guys in the "Bench" section with plumbing questions, feel free to comment on anything you can help others with too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can imagine what that car means to you, and especially your father....Congrats on getting it, and check out mine when you get a chance!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
welcome to Team Camaro... I have friends in Libertyville, not too awful far from you. Great looking car too. At times we also get guys in the "Bench" section with plumbing questions, feel free to comment on anything you can help others with too. :thumbsup:

I'll keep an eye out for those plumbing questions!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can imagine what that car means to you, and especially your father....Congrats on getting it, and check out mine when you get a chance!!!
Nice ride Scott! I like the wheels. What does the x11 in you Sig mean? I have that on my cowl tag. I see a lot of cars listed as a "x11 car".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im in the process of gathering parts to put HEI Ign. in the car. This winter I plan on pulling the motor and completely detailing the engine compartment. Along with adding headers, alum. intake, and a holley.

·
Premium Member
5,291 Posts
Nice ride Scott! I like the wheels. What does the x11 in you Sig mean? I have that on my cowl tag. I see a lot of cars listed as a "x11 car".
X11 is style trim. This was an option that added roof drip moldings to the coupe, chrome fender louvers,wheel opening chrome moldings,black lower sill paint,bright headllight and taillight accents. Many RS cars are coded with X11 also.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
32,293 Posts
Welcome from the Beach, Mr. Plumber. Nice ride.

Suggestion on installing headers, you might want to write down to not forget, ask the elders here. Lay in the drvr side header, then drop in the engine - life will go much easier.

Another one - on exterior bolts, coat the threads with antiseize. This action will really make life good at a later date.

Do a search on most anything you have a question about, plenty info here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts