Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK. Well I'm finally doing the upgrade on the alternator to a CS130 but I'm also going to do new brackets Because the old style looks to bulky! I am thinking about the brackets that March makes or the correct-a-lign from summit! I really dig the idea of the tensioning rods with the eyelets on the ends! Are these really worth a crap or are they just a fad? Not sure if they give enough support to keep the belt in place or to keep the alternator from flopping around! I won't be upgrading to serpentine so this would be for v-belts. Have ya guys run these brackets before? Whats the deal? If they are good I will do the power steering brackets too!:confused:
Also I relocated my battery ground from my alternator bracket to the front frame horn! Is this a bad idea??? I have grounds running between block and sub-frame and from block to firewall! Does the battery groun really need to attach directly to the block?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Also I relocated my battery ground from my alternator bracket to the front frame horn! Is this a bad idea??? I have grounds running between block and sub-frame and from block to firewall! Does the battery groun really need to attach directly to the block?
Battery ground should be directly to the engine. Starter load is the single largest load the electrical system provides. All the other grounds are secondary (engine to body, engine to frame, frame to body).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts