Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

This site looks awesome; lots of members and lots of knowledge. I am the proud owner of a Daytona Yellow w/ Black Hockey Stripes 69 Camaro. I have had it for a little over three years. It is a Van Nuyes car (early trim tag and no build sheet) so it would be hard to prove that it is a ???. I am pretty sure it is a 396 car. It has 12-bolt, big block springs, muncie and the big block heater core, but an un-original motor. Anyways, I guess since I don't plan on selling it- it doesn't matter too much.

Jordan

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well ... It does say 350 on the front fender ... Hmmm ... Do you have a black rear tail light panel ??? ... Without a picture of the rear ... I'd say off hand, NO ... The other clue that it is NOT a 396 original car, is that the hockey stripe has the blank between (where the emblem 350 is located) ... The real 396 had a continuous stripe ... I too own the LOS built SS 350 ... Very nice car ... Someone may have put a 396 in it ??? ... Contact me and I'll let you in on a few more "SS" secrets that have been revealed to me ... Kevin

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Hello and welcome from So. Cal. :waving:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kmg1969ss-

I added some photos at the same link. Yes it has a black rear taillight panel. Also, this is not the original paint. It was painted ~11 years ago and the hockey stripe was done wrong. The 350 emblem was added just so it matches the motor in it right now. (It is a warranty replacement motor and the heads are the correct #s for a 70 corvette or z28 camaro lt1). I have a box of old emblems that were sold to me with the car. In that box are the 396 emblems as well as z28 emblems (I think someone used these for a while because the motor looks like a DZ).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts