Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! Just signed up. Last weekend I obtained my dream muscle car...a '67 Camaro. The body is in decent shape (only one mild rust spot in passenger door jam), interior needs a bit of work, but the engine and transmission has less than 2k miles on it.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Welcome to Team CAMARO :thumbsup:

Sounds like you found a pretty solid base for your project :yes:

·
Super Moderator
32,354 Posts
Welcome to the Club, Michael.
Congrats on the buy.
You will be gigged for pictures by the 'Wing Boys'.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the Club, Michael.
Congrats on the buy.
You will be gigged for pictures by the 'Wing Boys'.
Gigged for pics? I tried to upload one, but as a free-loader I don't get much space. >.<

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Gigged for pics? I tried to upload one, but as a free-loader I don't get much space. >.<
Yeah, I did the same thing for a while, but when I needed more space, (You will!), I then signed up for membership each year for several years. Then I just said the heck with it, I'm now a lifetime member. It's worth it!

Larry

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, since becoming a lifetime member, I can save some pics to my profile and post them. This is what "Jane" (yes, I named her...don't judge me!) looks like on the outside:

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the best looking Jane I know!!!! What do you have planned for it?
LoL. Thanks.

Well, other than a percieved knock in the engine (got a thread going on that) the drive train is solid. There's so much I want to do!

- E-brake/parking brake installation (prior owner removed it!)
- Disk brake conversion for the front
- New bushings for the entire undercarraige (all of them look like the originals!)
- Re-wiring (the previous owners wiring job is...underwhelming to say the least)
- Restoring the interior (no heat, no A/C, wires hanging down, driver's seat needs help, etc.)
- New shocks
- Power Stearing conversion (thinking IROC box?)
- New paint (amatuer job done prior, a few rust spots)

That's it so far, money and spare time will dictate how quickly I can make that happen. I'm super excited to learn how to do it all on my own.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Nice ride Mike, welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Brian!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
LoL. Thanks.

Well, other than a percieved knock in the engine (got a thread going on that) the drive train is solid. There's so much I want to do!

- E-brake/parking brake installation (prior owner removed it!)
- Disk brake conversion for the front
- New bushings for the entire undercarraige (all of them look like the originals!)
- Re-wiring (the previous owners wiring job is...underwhelming to say the least)
- Restoring the interior (no heat, no A/C, wires hanging down, driver's seat needs help, etc.)
- New shocks
- Power Stearing conversion (thinking IROC box?)
- New paint (amatuer job done prior, a few rust spots)

That's it so far, money and spare time will dictate how quickly I can make that happen. I'm super excited to learn how to do it all on my own.

Those updates will make a big difference in the car for sure. Let me know if you need any help with the suspension/shocks, etc.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you Harvey. Thank you Rich.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts