Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
in the local classifieds was a 1968 camaro i called set up an appointment to look at it and it was quite an interesting story. To start, the car was sitting in a garage in the small town where i went to high school i drove by it everyday and me nor anyone i know ever knew it was there! The car belonged to a guy who bought it in 1969 he drove it in college until he put it in a ditch in 1973 and drove it until the registration ran out later that year and then put it in his garage waiting to someday fix it. He got busy with life and died of cancer 11 years ago and his wife who dated the owner in college and rode around in the car decided to sell it about a week ago. when i arrived it was some sight the doors to the garage literally had to be broken off the hinges to open since they havent been opened in 37 years. the car looked very neglected but it was virtually brand new it had sunk in the dirt floor a good six inches. the white interior needs a good cleaning but is in great shape and the body is also very rust free but very dented because of the ditch incident... anyways enough rambleing i walked away with a 68 camaro 327 pg turquiose with black vinyl top and white interior for $2,500

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,351 Posts
Re: new camaro owner in barn since 1973

Wow, Nice find. Please post additional photos.
Good Luck with your new project.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts

Welcome!! Nice find:yes: More pics, please!!!

·
Retired
16,005 Posts

that might win the "best deal of the year" award :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
32,349 Posts

Welcome to the Club, 250.
Nice find. Who would have ever thought?
As asked, more pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts

How many miles are on the car ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The car actually has alot of miles 88k I have more pictures and will get them up once I get out of work. This car is a father son project me and my dad are building. He had a pretty quick 67 back In the day and of course growing up listening to the stories of his has always made me want one.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts