Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if the new 2010 camaro rims fit the old 1st gen camaros like my 68 ? Here is a pix of the rims i talk about

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been wandering the same thing.. I have been keeping an eye on craigslist for them in my area. Does anybody know??
I sure don't but it would be cool to see how they look on our 1st gen camaros. I am also wondering if we can add the angel eyes headlights from the new camaros.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I agree with MJ. The few 1st gens I have seen with 4th gen wheels did not really look "right" IMO.

Besides, when John speaks about wheels and tires, we should listen. I doubt there are many here who have had more wheel and tire combos on the same car(s) as John. :):)

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
20's...I don't know. I got 18's on mine and I parked once next to a 2010 and my car got dwarfed. I think I remember seeing a pic on here of a black 68 with 20's in back and 19's in the front. I think the wheels made the car look sort of strange. Almost like too much wheel and not enough body on top it...

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
20's...I don't know. I got 18's on mine and I parked once next to a 2010 and my car got dwarfed. I think I remember seeing a pic on here of a black 68 with 20's in back and 19's in the front. I think the wheels made the car look sort of strange. Almost like too much wheel and not enough body on top it...
Curiousity i guess. I do like deep dish rims.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Curiousity i guess. I do like deep dish rims.
Right... Besides why would I want to do the same thing as everyone else? A bunch of similar first gens. running around is boring. Cant count how many times walking through the shows passing by cars cause it looks just like the last one I looked at.. Let's mix it up!:thumbsup:

·
Gold Lifetime Member
824 Posts
Only a guess, but you won't have the wheel well clearance to run those rims even with smaller than factory tires. You must have some dish to the tires from rubbing inside the wheel wells (I think). Let us know if you try it.

I kinda like the concept, but 20's aren't my taste 1st gen.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only a guess, but you won't have the wheel well clearance to run those rims even with smaller than factory tires. You must have some dish to the tires from rubbing inside the wheel wells (I think). Let us know if you try it.

I kinda like the concept, but 20's aren't my taste 1st gen.
I hear ya totally. That pix of 20's is the only one i could find, i don't like 20's on my 1st gen neither. I was thinking of 17 at most. I only want to be different then everyone that is why i'm asking about the fittings on these, but i don't like the fact they are not deep dish.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Bolt spacing is 120mm. Ours is 120.65mm.

Even if the bolt spacing matched, backspacing is over six inches so you'd need some mad spacers and most likely longer lugs.

I wonder if they have a similar issue as the GTO's. If you wanted to upgrade to the 18" tire package you actually got narrower tires so they wouldn't rub on the suspension.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got tired on the big wheels on my car (18/20). I couldn't imagine how it would look with 20's all around.

Sold them off to get the 15's I have now.
Good going. It does not look that bad but those old school 15's with fat tires look 10 times better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got tired on the big wheels on my car (18/20). I couldn't imagine how it would look with 20's all around.

Sold them off to get the 15's I have now.
What's the offset and bs of your foose wheels? I want the same Foose setup for my 67 RS and Ive been looking around to see if anyone has pulled it off. Do they rub? How many inches did you lower your suspension? What kind of suspension mods did you put it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Can someone photo shop the 5th Gen wheel on a 1st Gen. that would be cool,:cool:

67for/me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts