Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new edlebrock 750 carb and when I put it on my car and drove it a little bit, I noticed that at low rpm, i.e. 600rpm and I go to accelerate the throttle opens up on it's own. I have to pull the petal up. I put a stronger return spring on but it does it still but not as bad. Is it my motor mounts? or do I need an even stronger spring? What's causing it? Thanks guys

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yup I bet its your motor mount. I had same thing happen, I did burnouts everytime it happened! all the way to the parts store too.

To make sure its a motormount, put it in drive with the hood open, with someone looking in, while holding the brake give it a little gas, But be very careful!

·
10,144 Posts
You can buy an improved interlocking type mount for it. 67-68 uses a thinner type than a 69. Energy suspension makes a neat one.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Homepage
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Can Am Vintage Racer

[This message has been edited by davidpozzi (edited 09-06-2000).]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys I bought the motor mount, I bought the strongest one they had. I'm also going to chain down the driver side of the engine, just to make sure. Thanks for the advice fellas.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
twas the motor mount. split clean in half, I put the new one on and chained the S.O.B to the frame. It all better now, thanks for the advice guys.

tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts