Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all my name is Kendra from Asheville NC....I'm a newbie and I own a 02 Z28 that is named Black Betty...LOL..She is my baby. I would post a picture, but I can't figure out how LOL.
Later Gators,
Kendra

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Hello Kendra, from another North Carolinian. What's with the later gators??? :) Florida in your history perhaps???
Probably just from the phrase, "see ya later alligator!"

Ill bet you already knew that....:D

Welcome Kendra. Glad to have you....now go find you a 68 and do a motor tranny swap! :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
i think she meant "later gaters..for awhile crocadile" type thing..know what I'm saying??

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yeah, well, maybe..... I've met many 'folks' here in NC that got here via Florida, me bein one of them :) Florida's full of football rivalries, UF, FSU, UM... NC is b-ball country. Nothing like the NCAA tourney, March Madness..... Just curious. Black Beauty is pretty...........

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
That would be "See ya later alligator" and the reply was "After while crocodile" It was also used in a song by the Comets

YouTube - Comets - 6 See Ya Later Alligator

Welcome to TC Kendra...
Didn't mean she actually meant "see ya later alligator" I meant she was saying it like you would the phrase "later gator" and not that she was a "Florida Gator's fan" I could be wrong and it won't be the last time! :cool:

·
Retired
26,615 Posts
Armando you got it right I just corrected what you quoted and provided some history. Later gator is just saying see you later. Some other ways to say the same thing... "See ya on the flip side", "Catch ya later" you get the idea...

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
see ya on the flip side?? damn I haven't heard that one since the 90's! We used to say.."keep your foot on the gas, the bugs off your glass and the smokeys off your a** AND I'll see you on the flip side" :beers:

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Thats a very cool nick name SmartAssWhiteGirl.... And welcome to T.C.

Did you get the pics...

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
You can use photobucket.com to host your pictures. After you load the pictures, there is a link you paste into your post. Free and simple.

So please post some pictures, and we would like to see the car too!

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Welcome:waving:
and don't mind those guys, there just getting past puberty.;)
Although you could make it easy on yourself and just post pics of you with the car.:D J/K But please do post some pics. And I guess everyone's too busy discussing the gator comment to mention the "new guy/girl" buys the first round.:beers:

PS- I to hope to grow out of this stage of immaturity that I'm in someday.

NOT :noway:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts