Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 with an old 11" booster and combination disc/drum proportioning valve. My car is in the body shop, so as I replace things I want to get some new peices. I would like to replace the MC and booster with a new chrome one. If I replace with a 9" dual diaphram or other one. Will it mount in the samae mounting holes? Does the thicker booster make the MC stick out further from the firewall? Will my existing brake lines fit? Or will I have to make new ones? Or am I worried for nothing and it be a striaghtforward swap? Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
What brand(s) are you looking @ replacing with? I put a MBM system on my '67 2 or 3 years ago. fitment was ok but not being a fan of chrome under the hood I would prefer a factory looking zinc/gold looking one, actually would have put a better system on had I known now what I knew then.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What brand(s) are you looking @ replacing with? I put a MBM system on my '67 2 or 3 years ago. fitment was ok but not being a fan of chrome under the hood I would prefer a factory looking zinc/gold looking one, actually would have put a better system on had I known now what I knew then.
Well I had seen some on ebay and also looked at the ones at Rick's 1st generation. Just wondering if they mount up to the stock location or not. Also with the stock brakelines will they mount to a dual booster set up or will new ones need to be made? What did you encounter when you did your change toolfan?

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
what other chrome assys do you have under the hood ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
with the MBM setup I had to make/bend new lines for L&R fronts and extend the rear line, at 1st I was not thrilled but after it was done it looks SO much nicer than factory.(car was a non-power/4wh drum to start) As far as fitment goes it all bolted up perfect. As far as other chrome accessories -- NONE. I have a "less is better" theme -- sheetmetal satin black, v.c's, air cleaner, timing cover black crinckle coat(like it or not it's my car w/ my own personal style).

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what other chrome assys do you have under the hood ?
Polished valve covers, polished intake, chrome air cleaner cover, March mid mount serp. conversion, polished aluminum radiator. In the body shop now, so want to upgrade as I put back together.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm using the "Tuff Stuff" chrome 7" booster and master from Summit.

I mounted it straight onto the firewall instead of using the angled bracket.

It bolted on by just enlarging one of the holes, but I had to make new lines from the master to the prop valve.

Nice set up with the detriot wiper motor also.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
We do sell the Right Stuff chrome booster kits as well but we have a complete prebent brake hardline kit that will plumb into the new prop valve.

The right way to do the upgrade is Booster/Master/Prop combo with all new hardlines, if your lines are orig. its a GREAT time to chuck them! Brake fluid attracts moisture which plugs up the original lines over time!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My lines are not the originals. I replaced them with the two piece lines from Right Stuff about 2 years ago. I guess I ment the stock length lines. I also am using the combo valve like ZZ430.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
You can't use the stock type disc brake hardlines with the aftermarket prop. Sometimes the front to rear will work but not the two front hardlines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts