Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you seen the new door sill plates coming out?

Instead of saying "Body by Fisher" they say "Body by Golden legion".

I'll have to get a pair since about 80% of my car's sheet metal is now from Golden Legion.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah....will need bondo work after you get them to fit. :)

I was just thinking about the Golden Legion door sill plates the other day during my struggle to complete my body work....about the only thing left on my car made by GM is the two front fenders and hood.

Right now I am replacing panels in my trunk area and getting frustrated with all the hidden rust I am finding. The trunk pan and shock tower panels and trunk side panels I purchased from Classic were all from Canada and I thought the stampings were nice on those.

But man, I just wish when GM built the car back in the 60s they would have at least primed some of the original panels before they spot welded them in. Itseems every seam I break open in the trunk area i find rust. Like the thick gauge metal underneath the shock tower panels, all rusty....Of course you dont know it until you cut off the shock tower panel. Of course when GM made these cars back then they probably didnt expect them to be around more than 20 years later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts