Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired
16,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha Ha made ya look.... the Camaro engine is just fine but after blowing up my old snowblower during the last storm, (1973 AMF 7HP unit, very old) I ordered a new Tecumseh 7hp last monday, it arrived on Wed. and this weekend I got it installed in the old blower and :hurray: :hurray: it actuall runs great. Everything bolted right up to the new engine and only one modification I had to make to the arm that turns the snow shoot, had to move it down the handles a little to clear the new engine configuration. After 34 years I was amazed at how little had changed. The recoil was on a different side, carb and choke on different side but everything else was a shoe in :)
Now it wont snow for 5 years hehe
One pic is of both old and new engines.

·
Retired
16,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike good idea, I will have Mrs. Click paint a bowtie on it :)
bummer its not number matching anymore, wonder if its date correct? NOT :) :beers:

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Now it won't snow for 5 years hehe
Thank you ..........:D :thumbsup:

Looks naked with the smaller engine. They really have changed a lot dimensionally.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I had a good laugh one day when my wife rushed home from a garage sale to announce there was a big roto tiller for $25 up the street. I went to have a look and gee there were chains on the tires and a chute out the side. Biiiiig snowblower, 2 bad it was sold by then I coulda used that story for years....

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Since it is no longer original and numbers matching, might I suggest a cam, carb, and exhaust upgrade? Then you'll be able to blow the snow completely out of your yard :D

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
I had a good laugh one day when my wife rushed home from a garage sale to announce there was a big roto tiller for $25 up the street. I went to have a look and gee there were chains on the tires and a chute out the side. Biiiiig snowblower, 2 bad it was sold by then I coulda used that story for years....
:D That is classic......:yes: Sounds like something my wife would come up with.....:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.