Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just last fall I bought the car I have wanted for years. 1969 Camaro convertible in hugger orange with white stripes. Heres the story.

For a couple of years now I have been looking for my dream car. I saw this one come up on Auto Trader and gave the place a call. The car was traded in to a dealer by the guy who won in it a local Lions club raffle. As the dealer is telling me this, I recall that a friends dad had sold a Camaro to the Lions club. Gave him a call and ask him what he knows about the car. He tell me the whole story of where he bought it 17 years ago, and did a complete rebuild of the body. Then he tells me this is the same car that I gave him a hand with measuring up the cylinders and bores on when he rebuilt the engine. I had actually worked on this car 15 years ago!

Decision was made, it needed to have my name on the title, and now it does.

And now I am here to get all the info I can from the experts!

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome Rick. Nice story. Look forward to the photos.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here she is. Just leaving my parents place with my kid in the passenger seat.

17" Torque Thrust wheels, 2" lowering springs in front, 1.5" blocks in the rear, white interior, warmer over 350 w/Weiand intake and ceramic coated headers, front disc brake conversion.

Started life as just a base Camaro with a 350 and 2bbl. Slowly made its way to this, and will continue evolving for the next 20yrs that I might own it. LOL

·
19,792 Posts
Welcome to TC...Good looking 69 :beers:

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
How cool is that? Awesome story and trick lookin 69! That looks like a great place to drive it too-enjoy.:beers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts