·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Welcome. Post some pics. We must see!

·
Super Moderator
32,778 Posts
Welcome, Roger, to the Club.
Don't let anybody fool you, you have the correct year.
Enjoy the journey with her.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
still havent gotten any pictures yet, but i will. someone ask about mods. ls1 with t56 12 bolt rear.. from what i can see roof,quarters, inner and outer wheel houses, floor pan, dash, complete firewall top and bottom, tulip panels, front subframe, tail panel. it will be a survivor. where it sat for more than 20 years under an old oak tree the owner would never even think about selling it. which i was good friends with. he passed away 2 years ago in a drag racing accident with his 67 chevelle and his wife ask me to get come and get the 68 camaro, first part of the year. she was tired of looking at it.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I grew up in Northport, just across the river from Tuscaloosa. I do spend part of the winter near Gulf Shores and Orange Beach still. Good luck on your build.

Jimmie

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Your car appears to really be a 67 here's why I say that, you really can't interchange 67,68 doors, 67 hinges use three bolts 68's have four. Your dash also doesn't appear to have the astro vents in it, all 68's did. In the picture where you can see through the back window only 67's have the metal like that by the quarter window, 67 and 68 interior panels are very different. these thing would all be very difficult to change, I think you have a 67 with a 68 vin

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'd consider rechecking the vin & cowl mounting, numbers again. Also check rear shock mounting. 68 are staggered. Good luck. Photos of these also. You have access to some amazing and knowledgable members.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts