Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just a hello from down under, have a 68 coupe that I shipped over here 18 months ago, full resto is the plan, sits on a rolling frame and is completly stripped to the bone. Slowly moving in the right direction. Lots of work (fun!). Waiting for the aussie dollar to hit 1 to 1 US so I can spend up big, was in the USA in Feb. this year, nearly coudn't lift my cases on the trip home, bought heaps from a place called Camaro Specialties in a town called East Aurora. Can get all parts here though, just weigh up the cheaper US cost with freight vs Aussie mark ups. Love your cars, big Camaro fan, 68 is my preferance, love your country too, cheers, James.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
welcome to team camaro

·
19,736 Posts
Good year to pick :yes:

Welcome to TC from the top half of the word :)

And YES... must put up some picks of your car :beers:

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Waiting for the aussie dollar to hit 1 to 1 US so I can spend up big,
LoL theres talk even the kiwi dollar could get to that to m8...last time was mid 70s from memory...
Welcome from across the Tasman....
If shipping in from the States, buy west coast.La getting stuff shipped to there is damn near as expensive as shipping across the Pacific

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome folks, I am glad to be onboard. I will post some pics when I take a minute to work out how. Spent the morning welding in a patch on my transmission tunnel, came out real nice, no porosity and the radius matches spot on (had some prior issues). Next job is the floorpan, remove and replace with dynacorn copy, no patches there. My goal is to turn my Camaro into an rs/ss clone, so slowly collecting parts. A lot of Camaro parts are the same as our Holdens, who are owned by gm . I am talking about front end, steering etc. In my job as a compressor technician, I got to see the new Camaro at the fisherman bend factory in Melbourne, and I saw a couple on the freeways. Will be buying my parts from the west coast mainly, but will still get some smaller stuff from Camaro specialties, as they were great to deal with and knew there craft. cheers, james

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Thanks for the welcome folks, I am glad to be onboard. I will post some pics when I take a minute to work out how. Spent the morning welding in a patch on my transmission tunnel, came out real nice, no porosity and the radius matches spot on (had some prior issues). Next job is the floorpan, remove and replace with dynacorn copy, no patches there. My goal is to turn my Camaro into an rs/ss clone, so slowly collecting parts. A lot of Camaro parts are the same as our Holdens, who are owned by gm . I am talking about front end, steering etc. In my job as a compressor technician, I got to see the new Camaro at the fisherman bend factory in Melbourne, and I saw a couple on the freeways. Will be buying my parts from the west coast mainly, but will still get some smaller stuff from Camaro specialties, as they were great to deal with and knew there craft. cheers, james
Bob/Greg @ CS are super people to deal with... and they do know their stuff.

capt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts