Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya All,

Got a '69 Camaro almost done and need some advice on wheels and tires. I've splurged and put DSE quadra link and mini tub on the rear end and DSE subframe...yes I know..i'm crazy.

Was thinking of going 18s all around with 18x8 in front and 18x10 in rear..DSE recommended 10" in front with their subframe and 12" in rear!!!

This is not a track car...more of a cruising/pro touring car. not sure if i really need 10" and 12" tires...wow.

It seems like most of you like 17"..any reason? I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks in advance!!!
Mike:cool:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Mike, welcome sir! And I might add you are my neighbor! I'm out in Liberty Hill area (north central Texas).

Well, I have 17" wheels on my whip. For no particular reason other than the fact that they were slightly cheaper. I myself am not 100% sure on the 17" wheel thing. Possibly the 18" wheels have less performance as far as grip??? I'm sure there is a writeup on it somewhere.

Anyway, welcome again! and you should bring your car out to the Saturday meet we have going on. Lemmie know if you are interested and I'll give ya the scoop.

~Joe

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Welcome to team camaro!!!!!!SOUNDS NICE!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, thanks for the replies. I just posted my question in the wheels and tire section.

Hey Joe, shoot me some info on your meetings. I still need to finish up my interior before it goes on the road. I have a LS1/T56 from a 2001 WS6 TA that's in it. I'm redoing the whole thing actually..complete restore.

I still need to get interior and have a Ron Francis wiring kit for it.

Email me at [email protected] talk with ya later

Mike Z:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts