Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, My name is Alan, 47 year old High Voltage Journeyman Lineman, married with 2 kids, it has been 11 years since I had my last 1969 Azure Turquiose Camaro 307 ,Powerglide Coupe that ended up as ZZ3 345Hp. Crate motor with worked glide...........sold it.....regreted it for 11 years, finally bought a 1969 Camaro SS without original motor but believed to be a true SS, 420 hp. 350.........just painted and putting back together, Hugger Orange factory PNT 72 car with Black Vinyl Top, new parts and pieces await , hope to get driveable in 3 weeks from now, and from there on work as OT allows,daughter is in college but eventually we'll get it done. I remember as a 9 year old boy with my dad at the Local Chevrolet Lot in 1969 as he was looking for a truck, I was drooling over the Super Sports,Z28's and COPO's but did'nt even know it but recently found out 2 were delievered to this hometown Chevrolet Dealer Back then, records show 1 Hugger Orange and 1 Garnet Red......as a kid I never realized I would witness Automotive History but now I see I did, to this day my real love for cars in still a 1969 Camaro, I could've bought a new truck but chose this so far I have'nt regreted it ,discouraged maybe, but no regrets.........even though it is in pieces when I behind the wheel I feel young again................take care, I hope to help some as you have already helped me, thanks aagin......Alan

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Welcome to the team Alan!! Hey, I get that same feeling when I get behind the wheel of the camaro too, I feel like I'm 12 years old again but, I still can't get a license to drive it...:clonk: Mike:)

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Hi Alan and welcome to the Team. Being a lineman sounds very exciting, but dangerous as well. You are appreciated for keeping the much needed power supplied to our homes and businesses. I don't know how you guys do it working around that much high voltage....100,000 plus volts? Good luck with the car. Hope you can get her done real soon. Post some pictures soon! :waving:

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the ZL-1's when I was a kid at the dealer, Anyone know where they are now?????

VIN 642835 (#58)
PL5 tires omitted
Ordering Dealer: Indian River Chevrolet, Cocoa, Florida
Selling Dealer: Indian River Chevrolet, Cocoa, Florida
5M22 Special 4-Speed Transmission
5A01 Soft-Ray Tinted Glass
5D80 Air Spoiler Equipment
5N34 Sport-Styled Steering Wheel
5VE3 Special Front Bumper
5ZJ7 Rally Wheels
5913 52-52 Garnet Red

VIN 643171 (#64)
PL5 tires omitted
Ordering Dealer: Indian River Chevrolet, Cocoa, Florida
Selling Dealer: Indian River Chevrolet, Cocoa, Florida
5M40 Turbo Hydra-Matic Transmission
5A01 Soft-Ray Tinted Glass
5D80 Air Spoiler Equipment
5N34 Sport-Styled Steering Wheel
5U63 AM Pushbutton Radio
5VE3 Special Front Bumper
5ZJ7 Rally Wheels
5927 72-72 Hugger Orange

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Welcome from another kid....errr....camaro lover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts