Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from GA and happy new year to everyone! I've got two 68's that are both projects and are about to be in process at the same time. Figured it was a good time to join a forum ! I'm a complete amateur and these are my first major projects. All backyard, no garage at the moment.

The first 68 - i drove this car my freshman year in college, tinkered on it with my daddy and uncle, put a crate 355 with a built turbo 350 trans. 20 years later it found it's way back to our driveway where it sits anxiously waiting. I come from a family who loves first gens. Daddy has a one owner 67 RS/SS , i grew u with this beast in our driveway so naturally the Camaro bug bit me at a young age. His 67 has always fascinated my daughter so when she turned 12 she began saying she wanted her first car to be a 67...then it became a 67 or MY 68 project. So a year ago the search began for a potential project car, never thought i would find what i was looking for but the opportunity presented itself months ago and i brought home a new toy. So for my daughters 14th birthday I handed her the keys to the first 68, now we've got 21 months to have her road ready. Daddy/Daughter project. Plans are for it to be a daily driver on a budget, 5.3 LS swap with an automatic trans, mild cam and moderate gears so it sounds tuff but still gets decent fuel economy.

The second 68 - this one is mine. Not really worried about fuel economy here lol. Currently has a freshly built 454 with a FAST EFI setup on it. All suspension is new, 4 wheel disk brakes, 4 link rear, new tank. Looking to do a 6 speed conversion with possibly a CD009 if that's possible and plan on something creative and old school with the paint.

Hoping to begin on them both by February

# 1 - Hers

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

#2 - Mine
Wheel Car Tire Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
672 Posts
Welcome to the site. Good folks here. Take plenty of pictures of you and you daughter working together. Will make a lot of fond memories and stories to share over the next several years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts