Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. My name is Rick and I live in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. I have been a life long car guy and have wanted to restore a car for a long time. I've always tinkered, but never got to the nuts and bolts.

My Dad and I were on vacation with my family and accidentally came across a 1967 Camaro RS. It's a west coast car and the body is immaculate! Needless to say, we purchased it. However, it needs to be completely restored so I'll be leaning heavily on this forum. We will have 3 generations working on this car so I look forward to getting started and getting some great advise. Thank you in advance for the advice.

Rick

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
1st - Welcome to Team CAMARO :thumbsup:

Next - we're gonna need pics :yes:

Nice to hear you've picked up a good project, looking forward to more info (and of course the aforementioned photos) and seeing your progress as it's returned to the street :beers:

You might want to cruise by the "Tag Team" forum and post up the Cowl Tag, drivetrain and other numbers - we'll be happy to sort out what you have if wanted.

John

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
Welocome. Great site and great members with a ton of knowledge.

And yes, where are the pictures?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's some pictures. I would appreciate any help decoding the body tag. Thanks!

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg [/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Looks like a good starting point for a nice project :yes:

... would appreciate any help decoding the body tag. Thanks!
As posted above - the CRG (Camaro Research Group) site is the 'go to' place for accurate information on 1st Gen.s :thumbsup:

But - in the interest of getting you started, and for my own practice, here is the decode for your Cowl Tag;
Hopefully this doesn't get your post moved to "Tag Team" :eek:

05B = May assembly (05) - 2nd week production (B)
F360 = the 360th vehicle assembled during the "F" production schedule
67 = Model year
12637 = Custom Interior Coupe body assembly
LOS = Los Angeles Final Assembly Plant - actually in Van Nuys though ...
19525 = the plant sequence number for this body structure
732 = Custom Bright Blue Bucket Seat Interior option
Z = Non-headrest seats
F = Marina Blue exterior lower body color
6 = Beige/Off-White Vinyl upper top
W = Tinted Windshield
L = Fold Down Rear Seating option ( :cool: )
2 = 2nd Option Group listings
M = PowerGlide trans mission option
G = Center Console
U = 8-track Multiplexing Stereo System (very :cool: )
3 = 3rd Option Group listings
L = Rally Sport Option Package

Sounds like a nicely equiped unit as it left the factory :thumbsup:
Hopefully you got the majority of those parts with it, as some would be hard to replace ...

Here's a link directly tp the CRG Cowl Decode page - http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#CowlTag

Spending an evening over there will be time well spent in getting up to speed on what you have and how to go about returning the options and features you want to factory spec.s. :beers:

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,354 Posts
Hi Rick,
Welcome to Team Camaro. This site has some of the most knowledgeable and talented Camaro fanatics on the face of the earth. Ask as many questions as you need. You will be sent in the right direction. You have a very nice 67 Camaro. Please keep us updated with photos showing your progress. Welcome aboard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts