Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the entire drivers side off, except for the lower A arm, that is tomarrow. I want to lift the front of my car about 1/2-1 inch as it was sitting to low. All of my bushings are worn out or gone, my end links were rotted and half there, the A arm bushings are also the same, the shock looked 20-30 years old, and my coil spring was broke at the last 6 inches at the bottom, I am getting new ones anyway. Question no is, what coil springs to get, most everyone says to use the 6308 I think. Car has factory rally, disc brakes, coupe, 350 with 4 speed, non-AC. I am using Moog parts, and Poly bushings, and Bilstein shocks. Anyone have any other info that might help. Thanks, Jerod

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the same mess as you do. I went with the 6308 springs, stock shocks, new lower a-arms because mine were bent, all new bushings and ball joints. With 215/65-15 tires it sits just right, not to low. I think the 6320 spings give you a little more height. Do a search on "6308" and you will see a lot more posts on this. Dave Pozzi also has a lot of good info which is what helped me a lot. Pic attached if it works

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another67, thanks, that is what I have been told, but want to make sure, as yours sits just how I want mine to, thanks for the reference photo also. Thanks, Jerod

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another67 Perfact stance. I have air shocks on the back, so with the front hopefully where it should I can change the rear to match. Thanks, Jerod

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Sounds like you are trying to stay stock on your upgrade, but either way you decide to go Mark at SC&C is a great reference for suspension parts. He's also a Moderator on this site. There are a lot of issues with the stock suspension geometry and he will take the time to explain it all to you.

I ordered a bunch of Hotchkis parts from Summit back in August, but haven't put them on the car yet. When I called Mark, he told me which of the parts I bought were good and which ones should be returned & why.

It is possible that your car was sitting low because the springs were worn out. It's not necessarily a bad thing to lower the car, but it depends on your application.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts