Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to replace the fuel line on a '68 396 camaro? Does the subframe bolts have to be removed and the subframe dropped for the fuel line to fit through the firewall subframe attachment area? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm sure this isn't the best way but it's the way that I did it. I ran my new fuel line that I bent myself close to factory specs. I did not undo the front clip so I had to make this a two piece line. I put an union in against the frame behind the wheel well and unless you dig real deep you would never notice it. I had rave reviews on how good it looks. What I'm trying to say is I doubt that 1 piece of tubing will go from end to end with the block in or without dropping the front clip.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Northern Friend. I have the front end completly disassembled other than the suspension. I was actually in the process of putting it all back together. I wish I would have know to put the fuel line in before the subframe but it should not be too much trouble to go backwards a few steps.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts