Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
I removed one of the screws that hold the fill neck to the rear body pannel and secured the cap using that hole. I think I had to drill out the hole just a little. I don't know if this is acceptable for a true resto or not. Rhat

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
As you look at the filler screws from the back it is the lower left one I believe - try holding the cap up and see which one it would normally line up with. You will need to drill the hole out slightly if the car hasn't had a cable retained unit before.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
on my 68 rs, its the upper left (dr side) mounting screw hole. it looks and works right, pretty sure it's original, but then again its been 35 years....

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
A WORD FOR THE WISE ON NEW GAS CAPS... I once bought a new gas cap and didn't think twice about it until it collapsed my gas tank :eek: because i neglected to buy a vented cap. Be sure you have a vented cap or you will have a potatoe chip for a gas tank. It went from 16 gallons to 5 real quick.. LEsson learned and I taught myself to put in a new tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.