Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a non-guage car (67 Coupe) that I am installing Autometer ultra-lite electrical guages into. Speedo, Tach, Water, Gas, Oil. Question is this : Can I use the original oil pressure switch wire from the engine harness for the new switch and pick up the other end of that wire from the original connector where it connected to the original dash cluster? Obviously I have to find another powersource for the guage lights but will this work? This way would allow me to use the connection from the original harness into the fuse block. Will it work and is this a good idea or not?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
It will work fine if the wire is in good condition. If the wire needs replacing you can easily do it by removing the wire from the firewall plug by compressing the spade in the end of plug.

It's very clean doing it this way since all of the wiring is tucked away in the stock-appearing harness. Other accessories can also be added into the harness since there are usually several extra unused plugs. Getting an old harness from the boneyard is a good way to experiment.

------------------
The Red Beast http://www.geocities.com/casanoc

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Carl!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts