Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought a new Z/28 back in June of '69. Kept it for about 4 years and OMG gas was rumored to be headed to $2.00 a gallon. I had better sell this car. So I sold it. About 6 months ago ran across pictures of the Burgundy Z and missed having it. Started looking for another one to buy and found one in Grand Rapids MI. So I made an offer and ended up buying it. A Fathom Green '69. A lot has changed in the 46 years since the first one. Use to be able to fill up with 97 octane gas for under $8.00... no ethanol either. Now use avgas or racing fuel. A case of oil was about $10.00. Now $10.00 won't even buy 2 quarts. Getting use to owning one in the new Millennium.
Charles

·
19,904 Posts
Hi,
I bought a new Z/28 back in June of '69. Kept it for about 4 years and OMG gas was rumored to be headed to $2.00 a gallon. I had better sell this car. So I sold it. About 6 months ago ran across pictures of the Burgundy Z and missed having it. Started looking for another one to buy and found one in Grand Rapids MI. So I made an offer and ended up buying it. A Fathom Green '69. A lot has changed in the 46 years since the first one. Use to be able to fill up with 97 octane gas for under $8.00... no ethanol either. Now use avgas or racing fuel. A case of oil was about $10.00. Now $10.00 won't even buy 2 quarts. Getting use to owning one in the new Millennium.
Charles
Yes, times have changed....but the fun of having one as a toy for the weekends....Priceless :beers: Welcome to TC.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Welcome to TC, Charles! Another fella with some 'old Z28 memories and stories'.. :)

·
Super Moderator
32,608 Posts
Welcome, Charles. Yes, times have changed, but, you've decided bring back memories - cool!
Enjoy the new journey.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would also like to find my original Camaro that I purchased back around May or June of 1969 from a Chevy dealer in Fairburn GA. It was burgundy w/ white stripes. No cowl induction hood(too expensive), no power steering(dumb on my part), but with an AM/FM radio(no Stereo)Weren't too many stereo station in '69. Sold it late '73 or early '74 to a young guy from a city west of Atlanta(maybe Douglasville or Lithia Springs area). He brought it back in about a month to show me how he had modified it.(traction bars, cowl hood, big tires on the back, small ones on the front.) Almost threw up at the sight of this. Made me wish I hadn't sold it. Been sick about it ever since. I know there maybe other people trying to locate there cars as well, but I sure would like to know what happened to it. Don't have any leftover paperwork with VIN #. Hopefully, he didn't wrap it around a tree and kill himself.
Charles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts