Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I was searching through your site and it looks great! I was hoping to get some advice on a purchase of a 383 crate motor.

Mike

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I can't tell you how many times this site has helped me out! Welcome to the site!! I have been told from many people to go with a GM Performance crate 383 but I guess it depends what your looking for.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should probably mention a few other things. This is my second muscle car; I had a 66 Nova SS which I (rather unwisely) sold about 5 years ago. I'd like to say I'm mechanically inclined, but that would be an exaggeration. I'm having a local mechanic do the stuff that I cannot do (which is quite a bit).

So I was looking at purchasing a 383 stroker from Prestige Motorsports. I saw that there was a post on the topic about a year ago. A guy here (Sean69) was in the process of purchasing a 408 stroker from Prestige. Does anyone know how that turned out?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply dmaita. I'm looking for a complete turnkey package for under $6,000, and with the GM Peformance I believe that the long block is ~$5,200. I'm able to get the Prestige motor with the intake, carb, all the wires, etc., for less that $6,000. I've compared them to several competitors, and they look good. The 3-year warranty is a plus.

·
Super Moderator
32,354 Posts
Welcome, Mike.
Write the pros/cons on a sheet of paper on the two engines of choice, then make your decision.
Enjoy the cruise here. Lots of good people here to help out.

Former Iowan here from Marshalltown, just relocated to the Beach.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You traitor!!! Just kidding, if I had the chance, I'd move to the Beach as well!

I just wanted to see if there has been any concerns with this particular shop. I know there are a lot of hucksters out there, so I'm just trying to cover my bases.

I really like the 3-year warranty. And I'm encouraged by all the youtube videos the shop puts out showing their men at work. They apparently take pride in their work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts