Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,my name is Matt and I love camaros. looking for a 68 camaro to fix-up, got a picture of my granddad taken in 1971-with his 68 camaro, it's blue with black interior. no one knows anything else about it. I want to build one just like it. He was killed in Vietnam in 1973, so all i have is this photo to go by. saw this site and thought I'd join - looks like fun and agood place to get some help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just graduated HS and taking a year off before starting college. but i've been working on cars since I was 10, started out changing oil for my dad, got the bug. the only pic i have a polaroid, everything was lost when grams house burned down in 1986, when i get back home i'll see if i can get it scanned. this picture was in a cookbook she lent my aunt, so i'm lucky i have that. thanks, i'll check out brad74

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to Team Camaro you sound like a young fella.Do you have the picture of the car your granddad had would be a cool post if you could get it.Brad74 is selling a 68 maybe this could be yours....
you are probably going to have a good laugh, but i'm looking to buy one i can rebuild. almost had one a couple of weeks ago, but it sold before i could contact the guy. gram said granddad's was a '68 z28 blue with black seats. she sold it to a friend of granddad's stationed at ft devens. Ya, i'm a younin, and worst of all i don't even look 17, been pulled over 7 times cuz the cops though i was too young to drive. But i've done plenty of body work, replaced fenders, 1/4's, a trunk pan, and helped rebuild a 496 BB chevy this past summer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome to the site Matt...The Clam Box is one of my favorite restaurant.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Matt, here's a 68 that's been for sale in MA for a while. Don't know if you've looked at it already.
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/1473648543.html
We've been scouring the Northeast for over a year, I think this is the one my father went to look at it, said the guy wanted too much for too little, haha. i'll send him the link, just to make sure I'm visiting my gram in florida right now, till after thansgiving. driving down to Sunrise tomorrow to look at one. this looks like a real deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Matt, first of all Welcome. Next thing, I know of a man in Port St. Lucie that is selling a 68 Camaro. He started working on it 2-3 years ago and bought at least $3K worth of Goodmark replacement panels from us. A year ago he was diagnosed with MS, which means he's had to give up his dream of rebuilding it. He said he lives 15 minutes off of Rt 95, which I guessing is the way you will be traveling on your way to Sunrise. Sorry it's so late, I just got off the phone with him, I wanted to make sure he was serious about selling it. He said he will be home all day tomorrow, so if you are interested, let me know and I will email you his address, directions and phone number. He hadn't done much work on it, which is probably a good thing, it's pretty much intact. The original engine was removed and rebuilt, 396 cu in BB, again if you are interested in seeing it, just let me know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Matt, first of all Welcome. Next thing, I know of a man in Port St. Lucie that is selling a 68 Camaro. He started working on it 2-3 years ago and bought at least $3K worth of Goodmark replacement panels from us. A year ago he was diagnosed with MS, which means he's had to give up his dream of rebuilding it. He said he lives 15 minutes off of Rt 95, which I guessing is the way you will be traveling on your way to Sunrise. Sorry it's so late, I just got off the phone with him, I wanted to make sure he was serious about selling it. He said he will be home all day tomorrow, so if you are interested, let me know and I will email you his address, directions and phone number. He hadn't done much work on it, which is probably a good thing, it's pretty much intact. The original engine was removed and rebuilt, 396 cu in BB, again if you are interested in seeing it, just let me know.
Wow!! Ya I'm going right by there. Please email me the info. Can't beleive my luck! Joining this site was the best idea ive had!

·
Super Moderator
32,354 Posts
Welcome, Matt. Good luck on your journey. Keep us posted with pictures.
Alot of us lost friends in 'Nam. Sorry to read your Grandfather didn't make it. My hat is off to him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today was Christmas!! :cool: never got to sunrise. stopped at Dave's (BIG BIG THX Elena); this guy is awesome! He knows everything about the 1st gen camaro. He bought his house 30 somethin years ago and the camaro was in the garage! Yep, I bought his 68 Z, yep, i will post pics, he had a 396 v8 325hp that was completely rebuilt, AND the originel muncie 4 speed manual tranny- also completely rebuilt, 15" rally wheels, AND a cowl induct hood, i got it all including all the other parts he bought from muscle car medal. he called a couple of friends and we got the motor in the back of my truck. I told him I'd come back for the car with a tow bar, he goes an pulls a cover off a trailer he had on the side of the garage, OMG, HE GAVE ME HIS TRAILER! WAIT theres more...he gave me his rotisserie!! I can wait to get home (MA) and take some pics for you all. Was hopping to pickup a used rotisserie once i found the right car. Mom always tells me to never blab bout how much stuff cost (LOL) but I can't help myself. He only wanted $5000!!!! i really felt bad and told him i can pay more, jeez, he probably spend that much on the engine, tranny and trailer! but he wouldn't take it, I just have to promise to send him pictures of the rebuild, elena thank you sooooo much. You guys need a smiley jumping up and down, cuz that's what i'm doing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts